The Shady Oaks Gun Range has applied for a grant for the proposed project under the USFWS Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program. The grant is being administered by the TPWD. The project construction of the covered archery pavilion is planned to occur during the early part of 2023 immediately following completion of the Environmental Assessment process.
What Happens when an Adams Arms match-grade 300 Blackout model P3 featuring a PROOF Research Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel, jet comp, ambidextrous charging handle, low bolt carrier, an ergonomic free float rail, and the P-Series Micro Block Adjustable piston system is added to SilencerCo’s Ambi Lower with a Timney drop in single stage trigger topped off with a Trijicon MRO?
You shoot it then sell it at Demo Gun Price.
This piston solution runs clean & cool and is priced to sell and sell it will. For someone, it will be Christmas in October…hint… Ask Vince if there is a Special Suppressor needing a new home on the Adams build.
More you ask? Yes More!
Shady Oaks has a few of the Hottest products on the market and quantities are very limited…we have 1 or 2 literally direct from manufacturers.
First up is Q’s Honey Badger 300 Blackout SBR with matching Suppressor. This combination is modern firearm artistry meets extreme performance. It is a two stamp deal since the suppressor can be separated from SBR and hosted elsewhere….NICE! All those seeking this Honey Badger, your time has come. It’s been on backorder for most shops and distributors for a very long time…..did I mention SOGR recently signed a deal with Q?
Second up is DeadAir’s newest suppressor product, the Sierra5 Xeno. Yes, we have it for immediate attachment to your favorite 556, or 223 or 22-250 or ….These are fantastic products and looking for new homes
And thirdly, Did you know CZ Manufactured Suppressors? Well most didn’t know either and unfortunately for CZ they decided to stick to making fantastic firearms and dump a suppressor truck load. Fortunately for SOGR friends, we snatched up a few of the CZ Suppressors and we are selling them…at a bargain price, a really low price, a really really low low price. When these CZ suppressors are gone, they will be no more, so we strongly suggest you come down to Shady Oaks Gun Range and ask to see the CZ suppressors, and then buy one.
Friends, We don’t post too often because when we do send out a message we really want you all to see it. Today is no exceptions. We have a few FANTASTIC items that have been backordered for a LONG LONG time.
From H&K we have the USP ELITE 45 ACP. Priced to sell and no look at, this high capacity USP ELITE is legendary for accuracy and fast operation. The decocker and Fully adjustable rear sight are noteworthy.
New from Springfield Armory is the 45ACP 1911 Operator, a high quality Government 1911 complete with tritium front sight.
Colt’s King Cobra is looking for a new home. The available Smith and Wesson 640 and 642 pair are certainly fine production revolver examples, but the King Cobra does conjure up stainless steel bathing in butter visions. At least this is the vision I get when King Cobra’s six round cylinder swings down and spins…the cylinder lock-up is just as smooth.
Beretta’s 1301 Tactical Semiauto 12Ga has returned. This high capacity 12Ga is complete with Ghost Ring sight and rail.
Ruger’s Mark IV 22/45 Lite’s and Mark IV Target and Hunter are available for immediate delivery.
Sig Sauer’s next generation 30 Cal Suppressor, The SLH series of rifle suppressors features the faster new Clutch-LOK QD mounting system, and an internal multi-flow path that reduces up to 50% of the toxic fumes venting through the ejection port. The SLH is ideal for users that use both supersonic and subsonic ammunition. It’s here, it’s now.
I know, it’s too much firearms goodness!, but there are just two more:
Springfield’s SAINT Edge ATC (Accurized Tactical Chassis), is designed to deliver maximum precision in the AR platform. The Edge ATC features a single piece monolithic lower/handguard system and provides a true free-floated barrel. The ATC is a wee bit heavier than most 18” barrel AR platforms, so not for the faint of heart.
The Smith and Wesson CSX, Compact all Metal construction w/12 round capacity. Is the S&W CSX and larger P938 or a smaller CZ RAMI? , you’ll have to hold it, squeeze the trigger and decide for yourself.
Greetings friends. Wishing all a great COVID Free New Years!
Because of our friends, customers and clients, SOGR has been able to service your needs for more than 7 years. 92 months and 1 week to be exact (this is 23 qrts for you finance folks). Since opening, SOGR added an Archery offering and a 50 Yard 6 lane expansion. We are not done growing, there is more to come for certain. However, SOGR has not escaped the Global pandemic and social unrest impacts and getting back to full capacity has been elusive. We’ve run short a full crew, but I think you all (most of you) would agree that the SOGR team continues to deliver outstanding services.
Cost and expenses have climbed continually since January 2020 and product shortage avoidance cost have all been absorbed by the business, but as of January 2022 we must make a few updates to help ensure SOGR continues another 7 years. Range fees have remain unchanged since SOGR opened April 23, 2014. On Jan 1st 2022, the range fee will increase 17% to $17.50 for 25 Yard Range and increase to $22.50 (12.5%) for rifle range.
$15 goes up to $17.50
$20 goes up to $22.50
Rentals continues at $20 for ALL rental guns, Training and Member pricing and benefits remain unchanged.
SOGR appreciates our friends’, customers’ and clients’ continuous support and if we fail to deliver safe and enjoyable experiences, please Face Book Message us directly with all the particulars. We appreciate your continuous patronage.
The Firearm Carry Act of 2021, commonly called “Constitutional Carry” but more accurately defined as “Permit-less Carry” will go into effect on September 1, 2021. Many are asking if they should pursue getting a License To Carry (LTC).
The answer is a definite YES!
Texas Law gives LTC holders more rights than Constitutional Carry.
- Texas LTC will grant Reciprocity to carry in other states where there is a Reciprocal Agreement. However, Constitutional Carry might not cross state lines, even in other states which may have their own version of constitutional carry, eligibility and rules.
- Texas LTC allows an accessible handgun in your vehicle while dropping off/picking up at a school. However, Constitutional Carry would be prohibited from having a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school per the Federal Gun-Free School Zone Act.
- School district employees who have been issued a Texas LTC have protections which allow them to keep a firearm and ammunition concealed in their locked motor vehicle in a school parking lot. This protection is not available to Constitutional Carry.
- Texas LTC provides legal exemption to the NICS background check when purchasing a firearm from an FFL. Constitutional Carry would still be subject to a background check delay.
- An individual must be at least 21 years old to take advantage of Constitutional Carry. However, military members between the ages of 18-20 are eligible for Texas LTC which would allow them to lawfully carry a handgun in public.
- Private property owners may choose to prohibit Constitutional Carry on their property by posting effective notice under Penal Code 30.05 and thereby prevent unlicensed individuals from carrying on their property. This exclusion would not apply to those who hold a valid Texas LTC.
- Constitutional Carry is statutorily prohibited at hospitals, nursing facilities, and amusement parks. However, a Texas LTC holder is only prohibited in these places if effective notice has been provided under Penal Code 30.06 and 30.07.
- A Texas LTC holder will be allowed to carry at an open meeting of a governmental entity. Constitutional Carry at an open meeting of a governmental entity would continue to be prohibited.
- The statutory prohibition against carrying a handgun into a bar does not apply to a Texas LTC holder unless the bar has posted a 51% sign in accordance with the law.
- A Texas LTC holder retains their ability to avoid arrest in the event they inadvertently have a firearm through a secured area of an airport as long as they promptly depart the secured area when notified they are in possession of a handgun. Constitutional Carry is given no such courtesy and may be charged with a felony.
- Having a Texas LTC facilitates simpler interactions with Law Enforcement if you are pulled over and have an accessible firearm.
Want to get your Texas License to Carry (LTC)?
You have the option of taking the class in person OR you can complete the classroom portion online and then schedule time with a LTC instructor to provide the range qualification. All the details are outlined on our License to Carry Information page.
We hope to see you an one of our upcoming classes!
U.S. LawShield's Texas Constitutional Carry Guide 2021 provides even more information and additional details which will be helpful to you. Get your free copy today!
Our hours remain 12pm-6pm Sunday-Friday, and 11am-7pm on Saturday.
Range ammunition (if available) can be purchased for firearms used on our range. Limit one box per person.
We’ve received a few of the most unique sought after products on the market:
IWI’s TAVOR TS12. 12 Ga Features 15 Shot Free Rotating magazine
Kel-Tec KSGs. 12Ga Features 12+1 fixed twin magazine
Rock River Arms LAR BT9G 9mm PDW (MSR 9mm Glock Mag)
CZ’s Tactical Sport 2 BLUE 9mm and SHADOW 2
Sig Sauer’s P365 SAS, Standard and XLFN’s FN15 in 556 NATO
MOSSBERG’s 590A1 with Tactical Pump (RARE INDEED)
IWI’s TAVOR X95 in 556 NATO
S&W’s Shield EZ 9mm and Shield
PLUS ammunition available for all offerings.
Shady Oaks Gun Range will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 4 so the staff may spend time with their families.
Shady Oaks Gun Range will remain CLOSED today (Feb. 18) and tomorrow (Feb. 19). We are hoping to re-open on Saturday (Feb. 20) at 11am.
We will be reaching out to those who had signed up for classes which have been affected by our closure. If you don’t hear from us, feel free to contact us directly.