With “Constitutional Carry” going into effect on September 1, 2021, many are asking if they should still pursue getting a License-To-Carry (LTC).
The answer is a definite YES!
Benefits of completing LTC class and certification:
- Provides important information including:
- Places where you may and may not legally carry (with or without a license). These restrictions apply to Constitutional Carry and ignorance of the law is no excuse.
- Safe storage requirements.
- Non-violent Dispute Resolution training.
- The legal consequences for the non-compliance with the law, inappropriate gun handling in public, and for allowing minors to gain access to your firearms.
- Makes future gun purchases easier and quicker than it is for unlicensed persons.
- Grants you the reciprocity to carry in other states. This is not an automatic with “Constitutional Carry.”
- Facilitates simpler interactions with Law Enforcement if you are pulled over and have a firearm on your person.
Want to get your License to Carry?
You have the option of taking the class in person (6 hours from start to finish) OR you can complete the classroom portion online and then schedule time with a LTC instructor to provide the range qualification.
All the details are outlined on our License to Carry Information page.
We hope to see you an one of our upcoming classes!