Shady Oaks Gun Range Firearms Instructor – Stephen Lucas
- NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
- NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
- Proficient in American Sign Language (ASL)
Message from Stephen
I first handled a firearm when I was five years old. My Grandfather taught me to shoot, and instilled in me the mindset that just because firearms are dangerous, doesn’t mean you should be scared of them. It means you have to respect them. Fast forward 16 years, and I decided to buy my first gun and get my LTC. I’ve always had an interest in self defense, and have held the belief that everyone has the Right to do so. I joined Shady Oaks Gun Range in April of ’21, and quickly realized that I had the desire to become an Instructor. I love teaching, so why not teach what I love?
Advice For Beginners:
- Know and live by the Four Safety Rules.
- Before buying your first gun, it’s a good idea to try out many different guns to figure out what you like. Not all guns are the same, and everyone is different.
- Start SMALL. If you’re brand new to shooting, start with a .22LR (a small caliber), and work your way up as you get used to the recoil and noise.
- Find time in your day to privately practice your fundamentals, such as practicing your stance.
Book a Private Lesson
Stephen is available for one-on-one private lessons for PISTOL. Availability is highlighted on the calendar below. Book your appointment today!
If you can’t find availability with Stephen, our other staff instructors post their availability here.