Shady Oaks Gun Range Firearms Instructor – Victoria Kogan
- NRA Certified Instructor for Basic Pistol (since 2017)
- Texas License to Carry (LTC) Instructor (since 2018)
- NRA Refuse to be a Victim Instructor
- Member of A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League
- Member of CAPS Shooting Club
License to Carry
If you landed on this page looking to take the License to Carry class with me, I’m going to direct you to follow these steps:
- FIRST: Complete the classroom portion of the Online LTC at OnlineTexasLTC.com/ShadyOaks
- AFTERWARD: If you’re comfortable shooting independently, sign-up for my group class to complete the range portion with me in a class setting.
- OR: If you need a little more coaching and would like to complete the RANGE portion in a private session, book an appointment using the booking calendar at the bottom of this page.
I’ve tried to clarify the LTC process on the LTC Info Page, please check it out!
My Shooting Journey:
The first time I was handed a pistol, I had absolutely no experience with firearms. With no warning, no instruction, and no ear & eye protection, I was given a handgun and challenged to take a shot. I aimed at the target, pulled the trigger, and simultaneously let out a startled scream as I was shocked by the sound and recoil. Others had a good laugh at my expense, but I will never forget the humiliation felt in that moment.
Twenty years passed before I was interested in firearms and finally purchased a handgun in 2012. When I became a gun owner, I didn’t realize it would start a journey that would add so much empowerment and joy to my life. That path progressed into competition shooting where I found a warm and welcoming family, and I have been blessed with many friendships along the way!
In 2014, I began working at Shady Oaks Gun Range when they opened the doors on Day One. I had the wonderful opportunity to watch it grow and expand in 2017. Although my professional background was mainly in accounting and office management, I soaked up a wealth of practical firearms knowledge at Shady Oaks Gun Range. This also put me on the path of becoming an instructor as I often found myself coaching folks from things I was learning. It brings me joy to help others become competent and confident with a firearm as I learn and develop as a competitive shooter.
As a woman who became interested in firearms “later in life,” I’m not your typical “Tactical Tammy” firearms instructor with a militant style or lifetime of gun experience. However, because I came into firearms “later in life,” I am acutely familiar with a lot of misinformation given to new firearm owners and to women particularly.
I love working with beginners and with people who may be intimidated by firearms. These are probably my favorite students. I am passionate about teaching others to be confident and competent at their own pace. My goal is to equip students with a safety-first mindset while also developing confidence to the point where they are comfortable using the range on their own. I also like to work with folks interested in getting started with pistol shooting sports and who wish to further develop their firearms proficiency.
Book a Private Session for Pistol Lesson or LTC Range Test
Victoria is available by appointment for:
- Beginner Pistol Lesson: First time lessons always begin with at least 30 minutes in the classroom before transitioning onto the range
- Skill Builder Pistol Lesson: Subsequent lessons build on the basics and work on a specific goal
- Online LTC Range Proficiency Demonstration: If you completed the classroom portion of the Online License to Carry and need to complete the range portion, you can book a private lesson for personalized coaching/training as you complete the range portion. If you’ve had prior lessons or experience, this is usually done in one session.
Private Lessons are conducted with one person at a time. If two people want to sign up for a lesson together, you should book TWO lessons, back to back, with the same instructor. While any classroom instruction can be taught together, when it’s time to transition to the range, Shady Oaks Gun Range only allows for ONE PERSON to be on the range with an instructor at a time, meaning the 2nd person will have to wait in the classroom or pro shop for a time and then swap out on the range for their turn.
- Private Lesson – One person, book one hour = $60 (+tax)
- Private Lesson – Two people, book two hours = $120 (+tax)
PLEASE NOTE THAT VICTORIA HAS LIMITED AVAILABILITY.
Availability is highlighted on the calendar below. Book your appointment today!
If you can’t find availability with Victoria, our other staff instructors post their availability here.