Private Class for LTC Range Portion
This page is a continuation of License to Carry (LTC) Information
This page is for those looking to complete their LTC Online Course with the Part B: Range Instruction and Part C: Proficiency Demonstration. This page will allow you to book a one-hour private lesson with an LTC Instructor for a handgun lesson to complete the LTC range portion.
MUST BRING WITH YOU:
- Certificate of Completion of the Online LTC Class.
- If you’ve never been to our range before, please print, fill out, and bring with you: Questionnaire, Range Rules, and Insurance Waiver
- Texas Drivers License or state-issued photo ID
- Handgun of your choice (Rentals available if needed)
- Minimum 50 rounds of ammunition (Available for purchase if needed)
- Hearing and eye protection (Available for purchase if needed)
- Closed-toed shoes (REQUIRED!)
- The course of fire can be at: texreg.sos.state.tx.us/fids/201700716-1.pdf
- Optical enhancers such as lasers, red dot sites, or scopes, are not permitted by Texas DPS.
- Effective Sept. 1, 2017 – There is no minimum caliber requirement of the handgun used to demonstrate proficiency. (You can use .22LR!)
Certificate of Training
After successful completion of the range proficiency demonstration, your instructor will sign and return your LTC-101 Certificate of Training form to you. It is your responsibility to submit your Certificate of Training to TXDPS for processing. Your Class Completion Certificate is valid for two years after your LTC class.