Online LTC Part B & Part C Class
Instructor: Victoria Kogan
Class time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Cost: $45 per person
This is a group class with up to 10 students
First, complete the LTC classroom portion online at OnlineTexasLTC.com/ShadyOaks or with another authorized provider. Then, bring your Certificate of Training (LTC-101) to the Range Qualification class showing completion of “Part A Online Training.”
This class is ONLY for students who have successfully completed the classroom portion of the License to Carry class online and have received a Certificate of Training (LTC-101). This class will cover “Part B Range Instruction” and “Part C Proficiency Demonstration” of the LTC Online Course.
Please understand that the LTC Class is for experienced shooters. If you have never handled a firearm, you must get handgun training prior to taking the LTC class. You don’t need to be an expert marksman, but you absolutely must demonstrate a basic level of safety at all times. You must keep your finger off the trigger when not shooting. You must be aware of where your muzzle is pointed at all times. You must be able to operate your firearm independently. LTC students should be able to demonstrate COMPETENCE and CONFIDENCE with their gun handling.
- Successful completion of the classroom portion of the online License to Carry class.
- You must know how to safely use your firearm.
- You must be able to load your magazines by yourself.
- You must be able to clear simple malfunctions.
- You must be knowledgeable of general safety rules.
MUST BRING WITH YOU:
- Certificate of Completion of the Online LTC Class. Please bring a printed copy of this certificate. You will receive the certificate from your online LTC Class provider after successful completion of the online course. The instructor of this class needs to sign your Certificate before you can submit for the LTC. (If you have a problem with printing, just show up early and discuss with the instructor to get your PDF printed at the range.)
- If you’ve never been to Shady Oaks Gun Range, please print, fill out, and bring with you: Questionnaire, Range Rules, and Insurance Waiver. Or you can show up a few minutes early to complete the form at the range during check-in.
- Texas drivers license or state-issued photo ID is required by the range.
- Handgun of your choice (Rentals available if needed, no charge for the rental, but ammo is additional fee. Show up a few minutes early to make arrangements.) All firearms must be in a bag or case when you arrive for check-in.
- Ammunition: You will need 50 rounds for the shooting qualification. (Available for purchase if needed.)
- Hearing and eye protection are required on the range. (Loaners available if needed, but it’s always better and more sanitary to bring your own personal equipment.)
- Closed-toed shoes are required on the range (no sandals or flip flops).
The class will start promptly at 6:30pm. We’ll begin in the classroom to discuss:
- Any questions from the online classroom section
- Legal defense for self-defense
- Firearm safety rules
- Range safety procedures
- Review of LTC range course of fire
- Next steps for your LTC application
- We will follow the course of fire per the Texas DPS requirements: texreg.sos.state.tx.us/fids/201700716-1.pdf
- Optical enhancers such as lasers, red dot sites, or scopes, are not permitted by Texas DPS when qualifying.
- Effective Sept. 1, 2017 – There is no minimum caliber requirement of the handgun used to demonstrate proficiency. (You can use .22LR)
- You only need one magazine. The shooting portion is generally split into strings of 5 rounds each with plenty of time to reload between strings. Use of ammo speedloader is okay.
- Please know you are NOT required to use your compact carry pistol. In fact, unless you practice a lot with it, you are strongly encouraged to use a full-size gun because you will be shooting 50 rounds. This can be a little intense with a tiny little gun if you don’t do this regularly. It can also be difficult to hit the 15 yard shots with a small gun. You want the biggest, heaviest gun you’re comfortable using or use a .22LR pistol.
Certificate of Training
After successful completion of the range proficiency demonstration, your instructor will sign and return your LTC-101 Certificate of Training form to you. It is your responsibility to submit your Certificate of Training to TXDPS for processing. Your Class Completion Certificate is valid for two years after your LTC class.
PLEASE WATCH THESE TWO SHORT VIDEOS BEFORE CLASS:
Note from the Instructor – If this class shows as FULL, no tickets available, feel free to show up prior to 6:30pm as a “walk-on.” You can pay at the door and sit through the classroom presentation. Due to limited lanes on the range, I can only run 10 students at one time for the range qualification, but if you’re willing to standby on the range, I will run a second range qualification for any additional students who show up for this class. You must be able to operate your firearm independently and with safety, competence and confidence. -Victoria
Sign up to reserve your spot in this class. To do this, add a number in the field below, click “Get Tickets” and proceed to checkout. The name used for the class reservation does not need to match the name on the LTC paperwork — Signing up for the class simply guarantees you a seat in the class.