- This event has passed.
Online LTC Part B & Part C Class
Tuesday, January 10 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm$45.00
Online LTC Part B & Part C Class
Cost: $45 per person
Instructor: Victoria Kogan
Maximum Number of Students: 10
Class time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
First, complete the LTC classroom portion online at OnlineTexasLTC.com/ShadyOaks or with another authorized provider. Bring your Certificate of Training (LTC-101) to the Range Qualification class showing completion of “Part A Online Training.”
This class is ONLY for students who have successfully completed the classroom portion of the License to Carry class online and have received a Certificate of Training (LTC-101). This class will cover “Part B Range Instruction” and “Part C Proficiency Demonstration” of the LTC Online Course.
Please understand that the LTC Class is for experienced shooters. If you have never handled a firearm, you must get handgun training prior to taking the LTC class. You don’t need to be an expert marksman, but you absolutely must demonstrate a basic level of safety at all times. You must keep your finger off the trigger when not shooting. You must be aware of where your muzzle is pointed at all times. You must be able to operate your firearm independently. LTC students should be able to demonstrate COMPETENCE and CONFIDENCE with their gun handling.
- Successful completion of the classroom portion of the online License to Carry class.
- You must know how to safely use your firearm.
- You must be able to load your magazines by yourself.
- You must be able to clear simple malfunctions.
- You must be knowledgeable of general safety rules.
MUST BRING WITH YOU:
- Certificate of Completion of the Online LTC Class. You will need to bring a printed copy of this certificate. You should receive it from your online LTC Class provider after you successfully complete the course. Do not show up for class without your paper copy LTC-101 as we need to sign it to indicate your completion!!
- If you’ve never been to Shady Oaks Gun Range, please print, fill out, and bring with you: Questionnaire, Range Rules, and Insurance Waiver or the form is available at check-in.
- Texas drivers license or state-issued photo ID
- Handgun of your choice (Rentals available if needed)
- Ammunition: You will need 50 rounds for the shooting qualification, but it’s always good to bring extra for any malfunctions. (Available for purchase if needed.)
- Hearing and eye protection required (Available for rent or purchase if needed.)
- Closed-toed shoes are required on the range.
All firearms must be in a bag or case when you arrive for check-in. Firearms and magazines should be UNLOADED. All loading/unloading of the firearm and magazine will be done as a group on the range.
The class will start promptly at 6:30pm. We’ll begin in the classroom to discuss:
- Any questions from the online classroom section
- Legal defense for self-defense
- Firearm safety rules
- Range safety procedures
- Review of LTC range course of fire
- Next steps for your LTC application
- The course of fire can be found on the Texas DPS website at: texreg.sos.state.tx.us/fids/201700716-1.pdf
- Optical enhancers such as lasers, red dot sites, or scopes, are not permitted by Texas DPS when qualifying.
- Effective Sept. 1, 2017 – There is no minimum caliber requirement of the handgun used to demonstrate proficiency. (You can use .22LR!)
- Please note: You are not required to use your “carry” firearm for this range qualification. Most folks use a full-size firearm.
- You only need one magazine. The shooting portion is generally split into strings of 5 rounds each with plenty of time to reload between strings. Use of ammo speedloader is okay.
Certificate of Training
After successful completion of the range proficiency demonstration, your instructor will sign and return your LTC-101 Certificate of Training form to you. It is your responsibility to submit your Certificate of Training to TXDPS for processing. Your Class Completion Certificate is valid for two years after your LTC class.