LTC Range Qualification Only – Victoria Kogan
Friday, May 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$45
LTC Range Qualification Only
Cost: $45 per person
Instructor: Victoria Kogan
Maximum Number of Students: 10
This class is ONLY for students who have successfully completed the classroom portion of the License to Carry class online and have received a Certificate of Training (LTC-101). Sign up for this class to complete Part B (Range Instruction) and Part C (Proficiency Demonstration).
Please understand that the LTC Class is for experienced shooters. If you have never handled a firearm, you must get handgun training prior to taking the LTC class. You don’t need to be an expert marksman, but you absolutely must demonstrate a basic level of safety at all times. You must keep your finger off the trigger when not shooting. You must be aware of where your muzzle is pointed at all times. You must be able to operate your firearm independently. LTC students should be able to demonstrate COMPETENCE and CONFIDENCE with their gun handling.
- Successful completion of the classroom portion of the online License to Carry class.
- You must know how to safely use your firearm.
- You must be able to load your magazines by yourself.
- You must be able to clear simple malfunctions.
- You must be knowledgeable of general safety rules.
MUST BRING WITH YOU:
- Certificate of Completion of the Online LTC Class. You will need to bring a printed copy of this certificate. You should receive it from your online LTC Class provider after you successfully complete the course. Do not show up for class without your paper copy LTC-101 as we need to sign it to indicate your completion!!
- Not required but helpful if needed – Receipt for payment of this class. Showing the email on your phone is fine. (Check your spam folder for the email.)
- If you’ve never been to our range before, please print, fill out, and bring with you: Questionnaire, Range Rules, and Insurance Waiver
- Texas drivers license or state-issued photo ID
- Handgun of your choice (Rentals available if needed)
- Ammunition: You will need 50 rounds for the shooting qualification, but it’s always good to bring extra for any malfunctions.(Available for purchase if needed.)
- Hearing and eye protection required (Available for rent or purchase if needed)
- Hat and closed-toed shoes recommended for safety
All firearms must be in a bag or case when you arrive for check-in. Firearms and magazines should be UNLOADED. All loading/unloading of the firearm and magazine will be done as a group on the range.
The course of fire can be found on the Texas DPS website at: texreg.sos.state.tx.us/fids/201700716-1.pdf
Optical enhancers such as lasers, red dot sites, or scopes, are not permitted by Texas DPS when qualifying.
Effective Sept. 1, 2017 – There is no minimum caliber requirement of the handgun used to demonstrate proficiency. (You can use .22LR!)
Certificate of Training
After successful completion of the range proficiency demonstration, your instructor will sign and return your LTC-101 Certificate of Training form to you. It is your responsibility to submit your Certificate of Training to TXDPS for processing. Your Class Completion Certificate is valid for two years after your LTC class.
Next Steps to getting your LTC
Once you start your LTC application, you have one year to submit your documentation. You will need to submit fingerprints, but you cannot get that scheduled until AFTER you have started your LTC application, Regardless of whether you “have fingerprints on file,” you will be required to schedule a fingerprint appointment for your LTC. DPS will send you a link for scheduling AFTER you submit your application. You must have this done within one year of submitting your LTC application.
Sign up to reserve your spot in this class. To do this, add a number in the field below, click “add to cart” and proceed to checkout. The name used for the class reservation does not need to match the name on the LTC paperwork — Signing up for the class simply guarantees you a seat in the class.
If you fail to provide 24-hours notice of cancellation or are a no-show for the class, a portion of your class fee will be non-refundable. Our terms for this are detailed here: https://www.shadyoaksgunrange.com/terms/