- This event has passed.
Intermediate Handgun Class – Dennis Kidwell
Wednesday, September 11 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$100
Learn the basics of defensive shooting
Instructor: Dennis Kidwell
PREREQUISITE : Introduction to Handguns, Private Lesson, or equivalent experience. You must be able to safely load, unload and operate a handgun in order to take this class.
Cost: $100 per person
This course is designed to teach the basics of defensive shooting. Go beyond putting holes in paper and learn how to safely and effectively use your handgun in a defensive environment.
- Natural Point of Aim
- Chamber Checks (How/When)
- Reloads (both administrative and emergency)
- Malfunction clearing (out of battery, failure to fire, failure to extract, double feed)
- Target Accuracy vs. Combat Accuracy
- The Speed/Accuracy Balance
- Defensive Target Areas (Thoracic, Ocular, Spinal T and Pelvic) reason for each (using VTAC Targets)
- Handgun Provided by Student (your defensive weapon)
- Spare Magazines for reload exercises
- Snap Caps or Dummy Rounds (Minimum of three)
- 100 Rounds of ammunition
- Appropriate Range Attire (close collar shirt/blouse, close toe shoes)
- Range safety equipment (eye and hearing protection with electronic muffs being preferred)
This class is limited to 3 people. Sign up to reserve your spot in this class. To do this, add a number in the field below, click “add to cart” and proceed to checkout.
The online booking system will accept sign-ups until the day of class. After that time, you may call us at 512-394-7734 and inquire if there is availability for walk-ins.