- This event has passed.
Defensive Handgun 1 Class – Jeff Webb
Tuesday, September 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$100
Completed your Texas LTC? Then this class is for you!
Instructor: JEFF WEBB
This class is for shooters who have completed their Texas License to Carry (LTC), and want practical training on how to use a handgun effectively for personal defense. Students will learn how to operate a handgun safely and accurately in a stressful situation and master the essential skills of dealing with handgun stoppages, rapid reloading and rapid firing. Going beyond the basics covered in the Texas LTC course, this class introduces scenario-based training and is a must for anyone who wants to develop confidence in their ability to use a handgun in defense of themselves or loved ones.
Note – This is a small class, capped at 7 people so each student gets individual instruction and plenty of range time.
– Review of safety and handgun fundamentals
– Clearing basic handgun malfunctions and stoppages
– Rapid firing of multiple shots
– Rapid reloading
– Safely picking up and firing from the bench
– Successful completion of the Texas License to Carry (LTC)
– Handgun (loaner handguns are available – no extra charge)
– 100 rounds of ammo (if you use our loaner firearm, you are required to purchase our range ammo)
– Appropriate range attire (no open-toed shoes)
– Eye protection and hearing protection (can be provided but it’s always better to have your own personal items)
– You must bring a valid, photo ID
– If you have never visited Shady Oaks Gun Range before, please bring this completed form with you: Shady Oaks Gun Range Rules, Questionnaire & Liability Release Form (copies available at check-in)
IMPORTANT: Sign up to reserve your spot in this class. To do this, add a number in the field below, click “add to cart” and proceed to checkout. The online booking system will accept sign-ups until the day before the class.
After that time, you may call us at (512) 394-7734 and inquire if there is availability for walk-ins.