Everything You Need to Know for Safe and Legal Carry!
The Texas Firearms Act of 2021 allows for the unlicensed carry of handguns in Texas effective September 1, 2021. This informational class provides you with critical knowledge so that you can carry LEGALLY AND SAFELY. Under state law, even “accidental” trespasses with a handgun have stiff penalties including fines and jail time. This class is held in a classroom environment. No firearms or previous shooting experience are required, we will not be on the firing range.
1-Hour of Classroom Instruction ($60 per person)
– Eligibility Requirements for Constitutional Carry
– Complete List of Places Where Carry is Prohibited
– Can I Constitutionally Carry on Federal Property?
– The Legal Methods of Carry
– A Guide to Which Posted Signs to Look For
– Your Rights Under Texas Law
– Firearms Safety
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- You must bring a valid, photo ID
- If you have never visited Shady Oaks Gun Range before, please bring this completed form with you: Shady Oaks Gun Range Rules, Questionnaire & Liability Release Form (copies available at check-in)
- Pen and Paper to take notes
Must Bring with You:
- Texas drivers license or state-issued photo ID
As mentioned, this course does not involve any range time. No firearms or ammunition in the classroom please.